The last 2 weeks have been slow when it comes to game projects, due to a trip to Iceland and other courses, but now we’re back at full speed.
Even though it was a slow 2 weeks, I still managed to get some work done under the hood. Mostly dealing with managers, integrating old code with the new managers, etc.
After the feedback session with our fellow students, I also applied some of that. One of the biggest complaints we got (besides some frame lag) was that people were confused about our shooting mechanic. They didn’t know when they were shooting or when they were aiming. I decided to make a “No ammo” UI element that appears if the player tries to shoot when he has no ammo.
We would also like to add snap aim, to make aiming more useful.
This is what the UI element looks like right now: