These few weeks I worked on the sprites for the menus
I also made sprites for the different achievements we are going to have in the game:
For the environment I made some textures to have a neon surface in game, it doesnt look good yet, but we are getting there.
Made a new logo for the game! was needed, getting the neon/ sci fi feeling a bit more ready!
Upload of the ship and garage on sketchfab!
refined/ basic unwrapped the garage.
I Also wrote a small rainbowscript to get a variation in the background.
it uses the emissive of the material. so it gets more the lit neon effect in the environement.
achievement spaceships are finally textured! now working on some trims for the buildings/ garage. getting things a little bit more defined.
I finally realized how to make the obstacles fit in the style of the game and really give them a neon effect. So far I’ve noticed i can only texture transparant objects this way, but when applying this method to the ship, it has less great results.
Here i made a gridlike neon texture for an obstacle.
We also wanted to show the controls when the game is loading, so i made two loading screens that will be implemented later:
also working on a grid texture for the tunnel
Garage post-process update and texture of 1 spaceship. (Fight Cube).
Still have to change the color of the ship, but this was a test to get the neon feel in the ship. This can be changed easily in unity self.
This week I made 5unique low poly ships that fit the artguide and the style.
One of the ships is Textured. now I got used to the pen tool, It’s easy to texture the other ones. and I can get different pattern easily.
All of the spaceships got a hole in the ship, except for the base neolit ship. so you have to gather points to get the new, more designed ones.
All modeled and unwrapped, so now it gets time to texture them!
Had a very busy week, so couldn’t do that much, but greatly enhanced the garage feel.
also did some minor fix: the sparks where to small. so they are larger now.
updated the garage!
I worked on making the pickups more visible in the game, since that was another issue we had when other people wanted to play our game.
I first started creating new meshes, thought to make a neon material and tried to play with the emission, but that did not work at all.
I finally decided to use particle systems for the pickups, a choice I perhaps should have made a few weeks ago, because it definitly looks a whole lot better.